Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Biblical Eschatology: new review


Two days ago, a reviewer whom I do not know posted a new review of my book, Biblical Eschatology, on Amazon. He entitled it, "The best book so far on eschatology!" and continued:

The reason I say so far is because there might be another that will replace it. But I do not see that happening anytime soon. At first I was not sure about buying this as a reference in my library. I have never heard of the author and the price was absurd. After some time looking up Menn and reviews of his book I decided to purchase the book. And I am glad I did! This book is the most excellent treatment on this subject I have come across! I thought for only 470 pages it would be about the same as Venema and his book, but it towers over his book no questions asked. When I received my copy I did not expect the size of this book to be as big as it is, it is literally a large sized Bible. Menn also does not waste time after a couple chapters he gets right to it. He covers multiple texts and provides each positions interpretation, strengths, and weaknesses. As much as I love the books I have on this subject this is the best regarding different positions on certain texts. I have already recommended this to a friend and plan to share it with more! Do not hesitate this book is one you should have in your library. Also if the price is a problem buy the digital book since the price is quite different. 

You can see this and the other reviews here:  http://www.amazon.com/Biblical-Eschatology-Jonathan-Menn/dp/1620325799/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1401897359&sr=1-1&keywords=menn+biblical+eschatology. Enjoy!

No comments: