Monday, January 12, 2015

Jonathan leaving for East Africa in 1 week

It is hard to believe that I have been home for 9 weeks. But it is true, and now I am leaving again for East Africa one week from today. I will be in Rwanda, Uganda, and Burundi, doing 1 Timothy and Biblical Theology. Please pray for this trip. Among other things I will have a lengthy bus ride between Kigali, RW and Kampala, UG and two flights (from Entebbe to Bujumbura and later from Bujumbura to Nairobi, the latter with a fairly short connection to catch my flight to Amsterdam and then home in February).

My time at home has been busy and productive. In addition to the holidays, I preached a series of eight sermons from the book of Revelation, proofed some translations, and have been working on my next writing project concerning Christianity & Islam. That will take well into next year to have the first volume on theological essentials completed before I begin the next part on practical/socio-political, etc. aspects and implications.

Thank you for your prayers and financial support. As always, I will endeavor to send a report from the field when I am in East Africa. God bless you, Jonathan

No comments: