Monday, January 18, 2016

ECLEA: Jonathan leaving for Uganda on Friday

Dear Friends and Supporters,

After the longest home stay I have had in 8 1/2 years, I am leaving on Friday for three weeks in Uganda. The first week I will be at the Masindi-Kitara Diocese of the Church of Uganda (Bishop George Kasangaki), the second week at Mukono, hosted by Bishop Stephen Sempala, and the third week in Kampala teaching at the Kampala Evangelical School of Theology.

From a personal standpoint, this has been a very important home stay: most importantly, two of my sons were married to wonderful young women whom we love very much. I was able to preach several times and get a number of ECLEA-related matters done.

Please pray for this trip and for my pastor, Wade Hetrick, and his wife, Annette. They were planning on coming to Uganda with me, but Wade underwent an emergency appendectomy recently and his ability to come to Uganda is up in the air at this point. I will be able to change the program from Biblical Marriage & Parenting, which Wade and Annette were going to lead in both Masindi and Mukono, to Biblical Interpretation (which I also will be teaching in Kampala), but I know that if they end up not being able to come it would be a disappointment.

In any event, please hold them and this trip up in prayer, and I will endeavor to send you a report from the field while I am in Uganda (as well as a report upon my return). God bless you, Jonathan

PS: There will have to be a temperature adjustment. As I write this it is -4F (-20C), which I like, but it will be considerably warmer in Uganda!

No comments: